The qualification and training development service assesses the training needs of candidates and guide them in their choice of courses, keeps abreast of the development of technologies in the industry, participates in the development and updating. day of course content and professional qualification exams.
Whether you are preparing for the qualifying exam, updating your knowledge, or improving your skills, you will find a wide choice of courses to suit your needs.
Here is the list of all the training courses offered in the Centres de formation professionnelle (CFP) in the Montreal area, depending on the trade you practice.
Click on the tab that interests you and a list of courses will open.
The majority of the courses are only available in French at the moment. For more courses, please click HERE.
• Update practical skills in the verification, repair and maintenance of the various components related to the power transmission;
• Update diagnostic techniques for the different systems.
• Identify the different systems;
• Study and understand the operation of the brake system;
• Perform brake system checks;
• Study brake fluids;
• Learn how to change and bleed the brake system;
• Learn to use specific tools for brake diagnosis;
• Carry out the various tasks related to the repair of the brake system.
• Update theoretical knowledge of the cylinder block, cylinder head and their components as well as the principle of the distribution;
• Update knowledge of lubrication and cooling systems and their components;
• Update knowledge of maintenance, checks and adjustments of the various components;
• Updated knowledge of diesel engine operation, different injection systems, maintenance and diagnostics as well as different pollutants.
• Master the main functions of the multimeter in order to measure the different electrical properties of a circuit;
• Recognize the numerous symbols and interpret the electrical drawings;
• Know the different types of batteries on the market, their particularities and the methods to validate their condition;
• Know how the alternator works, the new strategies used by the on-board computers and how to access their data;
• Become familiar with the use of a multimeter and clamp ammeter to determine the integrity of the starter's main power circuit and charging system;
• Perform tests and diagnostic approaches on charging and starting systems when they are in trouble.
• Understand the operation of fuel systems;
• Understand the operation of safety devices;
• Locate the high voltage components of each type of system and explain their role and operation;
• Determine the potential hazard of high voltage components;
• Defuse systems on different types of vehicles in a safe manner;
• Apply the regulations when servicing air conditioning systems in a motor vehicle.
• Explain the operating principle of the different applicable systems and link them to the vehicles available on the market;
• Locate the high voltage components of each type of system and explain their role and operation, as well as their maintenance;
• Determine the potential danger of high voltage components;
• Determine the potential hazard of high voltage components; and - Perform system defusing on different types of vehicles in a safe manner.
• Perform the removal of an HEV battery and perform various checks on high voltage components, in order to take all necessary steps prior to performing maintenance and repair work on.